Sunday, March 17, 2019

Sunday Seven


The Sunday Seven:  Taking time to celebrate the goodness of the week!

7.  Support from my friends and family.  My daughter has just started playing sports this year, swimming and water polo.  I love that my friends unprompted have come out to watch her play.  Kids always think their parents have to watch them play so  I appreciate the time that they have invested to come see her play.  It makes her feel good and she appreciates it more than she will say.

6. My health insurance.  I am in the process of upgrading to my new insulin pump and continueous glucose monitor with which the combo will help me live a better quality of life and less scary. It has the ability to suspend insulin delivery when I go low, which is especially helpful when you are sleeping.  As I have pushed thru the process for the past month with several phone calls (waiting 53 minutes one time to talk to someone), each support person has remarked how good our plan is.  I am thankful for that. I can sleep better, work out better and live better with this change.  My health insurance liberates me from worry.  I wish everyone in the United States were afforded this opportunity.

Jen K work  & accountability buddy
extraordinaire.
5. My work team. Regardless of the state of education, I love my work.  What makes my work loveable are the people that I work with, both students and staff.  I am incredibly lucky do enjoy both.  Some times we are given seemingly impossible tasks, but we rise to the challenge each day by doing more than just showing up.  Team makes the tough work better!

4. The Two Writing Teachers Team. I've completed this challenge every year since 2012.  OnM the daylight savings day, I missed linking up.  But I've kept writing.  I haven't been feeling it this week at all and have had two other days posting between 11 pm and midnight.  But the power of accountability has kept me in.  Thanks for being there.

3. Speaking of accoutability partner. I've often written about CG and that I workout most days and it doesn't feel like a slog, but one thing that makes me stay are my accountability partners.  My just show-up longtime camper, Chris L and Josh, my trainers, both old Doug, Ozzie, Adam and Chris and new, TK, my husband, my newly joined work peeps, Angela, Ben, and Cindy, as well the regular campers, I love laughing and sweating with you!  

2.  Dancing. My friend Krystin got married last night and there was dancing.  I alway joke that I married my husband because he dances.  I have always loved dancing and our daughter does too. It was fun to dance. There was also that community love when those songs came on, regardless of age, everyone sang along and danced without inhibitions.  That's the space where memories are made.  I loved dance with my 15 year old.  She knew all the songs and I loved watching her move and respond to the music.  All joy. 

1. Spring Break.  Although I am working over spring break, which has mostly been the case my entire life.  When I was younger, I worked in my parents' tax business ala busy season. When I first was teaching, we had track practice and meets.  Then later in my teaching life while adjunting at UCF, the OCPS spring break never coincided.  Now just a few hours at work to support students is a fine way to spend time.  I will, however, move at a slower pace and do some things that need to be done.  Most importantly hang out with my girlie.


1 comment:

  1. Happy spring break and memory making! And to more dancing in the horizon— ❤️ the lines there about bringing people together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!