Sunday, March 12, 2017
Taking time each week to reflect on the goodness in my life.
7. The opportunity and ability to afford my child participation in and exposure to the arts. I don't perceive myself as an artist, but as an art supporter. Just like voting is a learned behavior, I think supporting the arts is as well. It costs money to go to the ballet, a Broadway show etc. I am thankful for the means to do so. We enjoyed our opportunity to go to The Little Mermaid. Next up in May, Matilda.
6. An evening laughing with friends. Laughter is truly the best medicine.
5. My Sunday morning exercise accountability partner. I have been meeting my friend and coworker Jen every Sunday morning for exercise for several years now. In early years it was running in prep for a half-marathon. As of the late, it has been just walking. We review the week and make work plans. This morning with spring forward, it would have been easy to skip. She made it less so.
4. Co-workers who care about kids and give up a Saturday, unpaid to make a difference.
3. A relatively pain-free testing day/week. I am sure that the people who make these rules don't appreciate the scope of the work nor the impact. On Monday we tested over 1900 concurrently for the FSA ELA Writing portion of the computer-based test. There are so many moving parts to make this happen. Our learning community responded to the challenge. We also had another big test scheduled concurrently this week. It could have been dicely. Our final numbers for just the writing portion were 2055 kids. Our next round starts after spring break.
2. Access to quality healthcare, especially because I have a preexisting condition & a chronic disease.
1. Spring forward! As hard as it is adjusting to this time change, I love the extra light at night. I don't care why it exists. I am just glad it does so I can stay outside and play later. I just remember to drive with more care. It's dark. Although I will miss my am sunrise view on my way to work, I might actually be able to enjoy while not driving.