Friday, March 25, 2016

Food for Thought: Eggs

The Rapid Egg Cooker-
Worth the Counter-Space!
Happy Friday! How fortuitous that my planned writing for today is all about the incredible egg.  This isn't the first time that I have written about the breakfast.  In fact, I still stand by my breakfast recommendations.   Today, I am all about the egg.  It truly is one of the most versatile ingredients on the planet!  Eaten by itself or as an ingredient in a recipe, it is incredible.

I like to start my day with an egg. In the past, I relied on what I jokingly referred to as a fresh scramble made dutifully by my husband each day at 5:45 am.  Now I prefer poached eggs in the morning, medium please, but if someone is waking up to make you breakfast, you just say thank you.  My husband, however, made his morning much simpler for both us us by finding a superior Xmas gift for me this past December..  If I don't need my pants ironed, he can just stay in bed because he gifted me the one and only Rapid Egg Cooker for me. See if I am not paying attention, I burn things, the simple things such as the toast etc. Otherwise, when I am fully engaged in cooking, you would be surprised what I can pull off the stove and out of the oven.

The Eggstractor-
Not Worth the Counter-Space!
What is beautiful about this machine is that it is regulated by water on a hot plate.  You can make 6 "boiled" eggs (they are really steamed, but come out like boiled).  You can poach two eggs, make an omelet, and even scramble the eggs. It comes with a handy dandy water measure cup that really does turn out medium eggs when you fill to the medium line.  What I love most is you push the button, and then you wait for the obnoxious buzzer.  Eggs Done! It can't be ignored.   Not every egg gadget is worth the counter-space. If you have read my past food for thought post on ice cream, you know that I only keep gadgets that get used at least 12x a year. The Rapid Egg Cooker has passed that test while the EggStractor just couldn't. My husband picked it up at the thrift store.  I'll put this in the category of the white elephant gift.

 Many of you may be dying eggs this weekend. I will be devising a nighttime Easter egg hunt.  I might event try out this recipe,  Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs.  Whatever your egg preference is, I hope you have an incredible weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!