Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Fortunately

 


Today is post is using a format that I’ve used before that was introduced to me years ago by my mentor Dr. Janet Allen. She would read the book Fortunately by Remy Charlip and then have kids write in same format. Janet passed  almost a year ago, but her legacy continues with every single teacher she ever taught. This picture book just one of thousands she shared with educators worldwide in her quest to ignite the love of reading.

Fortunately tomorrow will be the day before Spring break.

Unfortunately I decided to my change floor and tear up my carpet and put in flooring. 

Fortunately I've got help.

Unfortunately only one of us has done this type of job before.

Fortunately we are open to learning.

Unfortunately we've only pulled the carpet from one room.

Fortunately it was the biggest room.

Unfortunately the space here is small and we have storage issues.

Fortunately we will be flexible.

Unfortunately the boxes are 72 pounds each.

Fortunately my husband can move them.

Unfortunately there are rusty carpet nails everywhere.

Fortunately we have our tetanus shot.


Wish us luck! Here are two other posts with this format from past slices, workout and Friday.



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder about the book. What a great way to look at things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this format. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a food book format that inspires individual writing. Thanks for reminding me of this treasured book. I hope you have a wonderful, productive and safe Spring Break.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!