Sunday, March 10, 2024

The Sunday Seven: Reflecting on the Good of the Week

7. Miami Heat games being played on East Coast time not West Coast. I’ve always been a Miami Heat fan and I’ve always watched the games. Since my daughter left for college in the fall of 2022, I really filled my water polo watching time with Heat games. I really hate it when they play on the West Coast because I cannot stay up till 10 o’clock at night to watch a game that has that late start time. I can barely make it on an 8 o’clock start time specially during the school week. I’m glad we’re back on the East Coast start time this week. 

6. The last ESSR Saturday: One thing I’ve been grateful about for the past three years is an additional 6 planning days during the school year and time that is paid for teachers. It has meant, however, that I serve as the coach on duty on some Saturdays. It’s been amazing to get a lot of work done, but it’ll be nice not to work six days a week. Some stuff will just have to be undone.

5. The final yearbook pages deadline…Yearbook landed in my lap mid January after a teacher quit, which is all too common these days. It has brought joy, but again a lot of work in tough school year. When we started, there were 120 pages undone, and now we have maybe 12 pages left and by midnight tomorrow we will have two left to do. I’d I’ve loved every minute working with these kids, but it has taken every connection I have at school, all the relationship power I have at school to manifest these pages. 

4. Florida spring weather…I mean look at the news these days and you’ll think of all these things that are bad about Florida, our governor, book banning, etc., but the sunrises, the strawberries, the flowers, the sunsets, the afternoons and the windows open …nothing beats a Florida spring.

3. Support and care from my work mates… This week has been one of my worst for my data in terms of my blood sugars. My Dexcom gives me that 48 hour, that 7 day, that 30 day, and that 90 day time in range percent. This week is probably one of my worst on record. I’ve had a lot of people taking care of me this week at work, while under the duress of all the demands converged.  I appreciate their care and my goal is to resent myself and get back in the groove this week just by the single small step of drinking water and staying hydrated. 

2. Nail Night: Last week I talked about my nails, which make me happy but this week I introduced two more of my friends to my little nail hobby over cocktails at my house on Friday. One of my friends I rarely see and it was great to bring them to altogether and we did Saint Patrick nails and they loved it and I think I may have them hooked  means we’ll see see each other more often. I’m all in.

1. Time with my daughter during her spring break… my daughter’s spring break was this week and it being the earliest one meant that she had a lot of space for family. She got to see both of her grandmothers and I had two of her weekends to spend time with her and her boyfriend. I’m just happy she’s happy and that she values time with her family. She left 30 minutes ago after I whipped up breakfast of scrambled eggs, fresh strawberries, and fresh whipped cream for her.


2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of the Sunday Seven. There is so much detail in this post about your life both in and out of work. I am intrigued by ESSR and your nail hobby. We do not do that here in MA. It is important to find the good in the things that are difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss watching basketball from mountain time zone. Everything started early at an appropriate time for my early bedtime! I had to work Saturday this week, and a six-day week is tough! Thanks for this format--inspiring my post today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!