Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Extra More Than Ordinary

Today seemed more extra than ordinary. While I was on the go from the moment that I stepped onto campus at 6:38 am today, I was reminded of the title of one of Jane Yolen's short story collections, Twelve Impossible Things Before Breakfast.  My work seems more like that than not lately.  By the end of today, I saw that my apple watch had awarded me 43 workout minutes which is rare. I get many many steps and hit my stand and movement goal each day before I leave work, but to be awarded exercise minutes, that tells me that I was definitely on the run today. I should count myself lucky to roll a workout into work since my doctor says only the walking that I do at work that gets my heart rate up counts as exercise. Walking fives mile at work on ordinary days should count for extraordinary even if my heart rate is not up. I'm moving aren't I? I saw a post from someone today that this was the last ordinary school week 4 years ago.  I think I'll continue to seek ordinary as we all collectively recover from extraordinary.








2 comments:

  1. Oh, Beth, that's amazing. 43 minutes of a workout during work. Yes, indeed that and all the steps should count. Here's to a little ordinary soon. You are due for some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the play on extra and ordinary. Way to hustle! I hope this mellow out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!