Sunday, March 17, 2024

The Sunday Seven

Taking stock of the good of the week. 

 7. Spring break a.k.a. 10 days without work. There is something decadent about 10 days off and I love it. I have time to upgrade my flooring and go camping. It’s the best time of the year in Florida. I’m so happy plus I sleep best in my tent. I can sleep a full solid 12 hours in my tent. 

6. Meeting some of my new neighbors. I love my new community but I will say there are snowbirds in it so I don’t know a lot of people but my community is full right now. It will empty out probably after Easter, but I did get to meet the HOA president and some other people with our community garage sale. I did not sell or buy anything, but I made connections.

5. Figuring out how to actually arrange my furniture in my bedroom. Living wise, it’s been kind of tumultuous since July. By the grace of my friend I was able to live in some housing until I found home to purchase and then the buyer the seller wanted extended time closing, and then they needed to be some paint refreshing, and then I knew this project was coming so I haven’t really moved in but I’ve moved my stuff for five times since July so I’m hoping will come to some kind of closure at the end of March because right now everything I own is in the living room and my mom is complaining that we have way too many books in our house  Some people buy clothes and people buy shoes. All three of us here we buy books. There are book, worms, book lovers, book hoarders aka book dragons think what people out there call it.

4. The final yearbook pages been submitted. In January I assume sponsorship of the yearbook since the sponsor left and we had 120 pages to finish by March 11. We actually met our deadline and submitted planned 118 pages by that deadline and then two by our extended deadline, so we have basically put the book to bed and I am so happy and so proud of these kids because they persevered and it’s going to be a solid book.

3. Access to an Olympic swimming, pool, and gorgeous weather to walk laps to recuperate my Achilles tendon. I’m a water baby and I raised a water baby. when I saw that one of the things that my HOA fees pays for is an Olympic size swimming pool, I was so excited. Today was the first day that the water temp and the weather collaborated and was able to get in. It was not warm water by any stretch of the means in fact we’ve had a cool winter otherwise I would’ve been in sooner. It was exactly what my achy joints needed and I look forward to laps both swimming and walking. 

2. Blessed to have my stepdad who is almost 77 help me install these floors with my husband because it would not get done without him. The flooring in this space would not be done without him. He likes projects but of course he has all the tools but you need to do a project like this and I’m really so grateful he has. The project manager is who I referred to and this is a time where triangulation matters, so my husband isn’t getting around by me and I’m not arguing with him because he doesn’t know what he’s doing because we felt so .

1. Getting to have my mom over for St. Patrick’s Day and her birthday. My house is a mess, but a cool opportunity to be with my mom for St. Patrick’s Day and then her birthday and I can cook for her and do her nails because my mom is not going to be around forever so it’s kind of fun hanging out in the pool with her and driving her around and just being with her even though she thinks I’m annoyed when she tells me to bleach my bathroom.

2 comments:

  1. I love your Sunday seven! Fun post reflecting on the good of the week. It sounds like it is about time to settle down after a long wait. First, enjoy that ten-day break! Hooray for that. The other things on your list may even be more enjoyable this week because you have time to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10 days off IS decadent, and I am very much looking forward to my 10 days which will start at the end of this week. I also love these Sunday Seven posts: they capture so much of the dailiness of life, of gratitudes and frustrations and how our frustrations can also be something we're grateful for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!