Wednesday, March 6, 2024

Spring Break Plans

 1. Install my flooring. I have finally chosen an LPV that interlocks and has a cork bottom with no glue. Going to tackle this project with my husband and step-dad. 

2. Help install my backsplash. I’m not sure I will be help here. I have delighted in choosing the glass brick though.

3. Swim in my community’s pool. We chose to buy here because they have an Olympic swimming size pool. OK that’s just one reason it was a tough market this summer but I love my condo. I just haven’t been in the pool yet and I can’t wait to jump in.

4. Play cards with my family. Playing Hi-Lo-Jack is always a must when my family gets together, so there will be cards in my future and hopefully a few victories.

5. Camp and kayak at the Rainbow River with my friends.I always try to camp as it allows a full mind reset and a total disconnect from the world this spring break. It’ll be no different. Bill Murray gonna be a zombie.

6. Watch a few sunsets. 

7. Start my taxes and file an extension.

8. Vote yes, on the historic 9% raise, the first time we’ve ever been offered a percentage raise in my district over the past 31 years of my teaching career.

9. Rest, Relax, & Rejuvenate.



3 comments:

  1. I feel this deeply. The mix of projects, planned relaxation, and actual relaxation. May spring break be everything you need it to be this year. And may the raise happen as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! We are installing LVP flooring in our new home! I cannot wait to see how it turns out! And your #8, wow! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy for those raises! I remember 3% raises of the past and a few years when they adjust the whole schedule up for starting teachers... here's hoping they truly value and pay teachers for their work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!