7. A wonderful week hanging out with my daughter. Her strength, curiosity, and spirit spur me to do better each day.
6. A husband who saves every receipt, which is really helpful come tax time. This detail is the attention that he applies to work refinishing furniture and his art. It is a detail lost upon me. I prefer the big picture.
5. Reading time this past week. Many books were finished this week for my work on the Elizabeth Amelia Walden committee. By summer I will get back to my regularly scheduled reading list.
4. Lingering at lunch and breakfast with friends and family during break. Rather than a 20 minute quick bite at the desk or table near the window (sometimes). The company was a welcome respite from my daily lunch regime.
3. Being okay forgetting to post yesterday. This is my fourth year slicing and I haven't posted with the urgency that I felt year 1 and 2. I had my post for Saturday. I just didn't upload. It slipped my mind. I remembered once. It slipped my mind. I know I can write and post every day if needed. It's ok not too!
2. The season finale of The Walking Dead. My husband and child, mostly my child, are obsessed. He introduced her to the comics when she was in 2nd grade and then they started watching together. Her favorite books are the two compendiums, $60 dollar books. I started watching briefly with them and enjoyed zombies for what the show was about...to me the question, what makes us human and civilized? I love the show, but despite my daughters urging have not read the comics. I decided to let them watch it together this season knowing that they can share the moments and I can catch the reruns.
1. Going back to work and colleagues that I love. I do love the break, but the routines and rhythm of work is good for me!