You should also know that:
1. This disease is expensive to manage.
2. Obamacare makes me sleep better at night because I would still be insurable.
3. I can eat sugar, frankly its about the carbs.
4. Managing this disease is an art not just a science. (Stolen from Marzano) Even my endo knows that.
5. When I tell my medical practitioners about my disease, LADA, I am their teacher.
6. Most of the time I can manage just fine; the other times I am just pretending that its easy.
7. Getting out of routine, unplanned random acts of eating or last minute work\events you might want me to do,
not so good for me.
8. I won't say yes as often and don't be mad when I don't drop everything for you.
9. I don't have what your friend, sister or grandparents have.
10. Sad that it took a disease to help me figure out what is really important.
In spite of it all, I have a joyful life with my family and a community of friends, co-workers, and teammates who put up with me. Who could ask for more?