Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Random Rambling

Stuck! I have writer's block today.  Really I have no idea what to write about because the two things on my mind that I could possibly write about are not ready to be written.  Plus I have spent a lot of time over the past two days being on the computer a lot at work and I just don't want to be on it.

After spending time in a relatively cool zone of Florida during break last week, I am not enjoying this sudden early heat.  We are supposed to get up to 94 degrees tomorrow.  My husband and I have had this competition since we have been together for past twentyish years about who breaks down and turns the AC on first.  We have gone to June 14th once, but each year it seems to get early and early.

I workout year round outside and we normally have a gradual entry into the late day heat, but today was a tough tough workout due to the heat.  My calves were cramping up early and often.  I should have paid better attention as they cramped a little last night in my sleep.  I will do better tomorrow. That is the grace that I give myself.  Tomorrow is my workout rest day so that will be a tiny reprieve to hydrate and potassiate (yes- I made that word up- something I like to do).

My daughter made the track team again. She dropped 36 seconds off of her 800 time.  I love that her team practices in the morning.  This way it doesn't disrupt our busy afternoon schedule- ballet two times a week, student council once a week and garden club once a week.  It is also cooler and her middle school doesn't start until 9:30 so I think it is an effective use of their morning time.  The only drawback is that all of her track meets are on Wednesdays and I work.  Therefore I will only see her run once.  I rely on her dad to be the sole supporter there.

Wednesdays have been his gig for the past ten years as I work.  We share the ballet work on Mondays and Fridays.  I do school on Tuesdays and Thursdays and Sundays.  Saturdays are the Family Fundays where he might take her to the library or we do an outdoor trip. I get the drudgery of shopping with her, but I most prefer shopping for her.  Shockingly she still will wear clothes I just buy for her. We both enforce the chores.  It works for us.

So my antidote to a little writer's block is just a little random rambling.  Slice 28 is done.

What do you do when you have writer's block?




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the peek into your life! It was quite interesting. I try to keep a list of things I could write about for when I have writer's block, but oftentimes be the time I look at it I'm not interested in writing about those things anymore. Sometimes I just sit down and start writing and see where it takes me. Have you read "Writing Down the Bones" by Natalie Goldberg? I find that book to be a big help in writing no matter what.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!