Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Glad to be Back!

A view from my happy place!
Rainbow Springs, Florida
Officially it's my 6th year participating in the Slice of Life Story Challenge, but my 7th year of blogging.   Looking at my blog posts numbers over the course of years (2011-2016) and getting that daily Facebook reminder of this day posts, I am all too aware of the little writing that I have done over the course of 2016, only 33 posts. (The lowest being 2011 when I created my blog in which I posted the sum total of once.)   No matter the quantity, I am all in for March and I resolve to be better about my weekly posts after March!

The Slice of Life Story Challenge makes me write.  We make time for what we value and I value the community of writers dedicated to this challenge.  I understand what we give up to write daily and comment on 3 people each day. I understand the commitment writing and it always takes longer than I think I have.  

The Slice of Life Story challenge hasn't been far from my mind. I have been thinking about what I want to post. Thinking about writing drafts. Thinking about content. Thinking about organizing. But thinking isn't doing.  Perhaps at best it is the prepping for writing, the percolating, but it doesn't count as writing until I get it on the page.


The Slice of Life Story Challenge is a happy place in my life.  I  look forward to reading newbies! I look forward to catching up with previous Slicers. I love the hope and insight your bring to me each day!

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to read my post!
 

1 comment:

  1. I do love that picture of Rainbow Springs--definitely a happy place. Glad you're in for round six!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!