Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Lemons

Lemon Sorbet
When life hands you lemons, make lemon sorbet! Yum! Sometimes you have plans and you have to make changes. That was how I spent my weekend, making a change in plans. I was just going to spend time picking strawberries on Saturday, but I ended up doing more. I was just going to just play a little ultimate on Sunday and then work, but an opportunity to hang out with old friends outweighed the necessity of work. I want to spend the upcoming year by being flexible and prepared enough to just make changes.  What do you want to do this year? If you're a teacher, you never have to wait a year to refresh or renew since time cycles in nice arcs for us. A new beginning when school starts, when a new quarter or semester begins, or the new year comes. I haven't figured out my one little word, but I have enjoyed reading others and contemplating my potential choices.

On a side note, if you have been following my blog, I did play ultimate frisbee this weekend after an 18 month hiatus. It was terrifying. My heart was racing from the fear, but after a few points the fear subsided and joy remained. My knee felt great too! This feat actually was a goal that I intended to accomplish in January 2015. Another goal or change I want to make this year is to use the specialized kitchen equipment that I have. I want to use it at least once a quarter hence the lemon sorbet.  I was lucky to get a bag of Myers lemons from a coworker and in my search for recipes stumbled upon this one. Now to figure recipes for the cookie press and as the week continues, I will keep pondering my word and thinking about changes in my plans. Happy New Year! 

7 comments:

  1. Happy new year! Even in the middle of "our year," it's refreshing to hear of someone starting the year off right :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum....lemon sorbet! Flexibility can be a tough thing. I love the new beginnings we get for teaching! New quarter/semester is one of my favorite times because that is the one time I am all caught up on my grading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Beth!

    You know what I want right now after reading this post and looking at that picture? Fresh-squeezed lemonade. (And it's literally seven degrees outside!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, lemon sorbet! I'm looking forward to reading more posts about your cooking endeavors...and ultimate frisbee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your adventurous personality - on the frisbee field and in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to talk more about the lemon sorbet. You know I love lemon. Did the recipe come out smooth? Which tool did you use to make it? : ) So happy for your return to frisbee!Your joy was delightful to see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your end to the Ultimate hiatus. I biked to a pickup game for the 1st time in 20 years and it was pure bliss. Amazing how Ultimate never gets old.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and commenting! Your words matter!